Free PDF creator and converter
PDFCreator is a free Windows app that lets you convert printable documents to PDF files. It’s a product created by a company called pdfforge.
The app has a lot of great features, such as:
- Converting images and Word files: You can convert printable documents to PDF, either within the app or through the print option inside the document. You can also convert PDF files to Word or images and vice versa, e.g., PDF to image extensions.
- Automated feature: PDFCreator guides you by giving you results that correspond and adjusts to your workflow.
- Support for all IT infrastructures and environments: There are several products for you to choose from, depending on your needs. You can either use the PDFCreator free, or look into three other pricing options: Professional, Terminal Server, or Server.
- Tokens: When using PDFCreator, you use Tokens as placeholders for dates, usernames, and more. Tokens work well with documents that are similar in structure.
- Digital signature: With Digital Signature, there is no need to print documents to paper just to scan them back after you sign them. Now you can digitally sign documents, and simultaneously verify yourself as the document’s author.
- PDF printing: Some people have mistaken this feature for a physical printer. However, a Network printer allows you to convert documents while inside Word or the image you want to convert.
PDFCreator vs. Adobe Acrobat DC vs. PDFelement
Comparing PDFCreator to Adobe Acrobat DC and PDFelement, you will find that the latter two are compatible with many platforms, whereas PDFCreator is only compatible with Windows. Although PDFCreator is completely free to use, you have to pay for Adobe Acrobat DC, and PDFelement has more available features.
PDF Architect 8
PDF Architect 8 allows you to edit your PDF files. PDF Architect helps you keep your documents up to date without having to convert them back to Word, making it a good companion for PDFCreator.
Overall, PDFCreator is an excellent freeware application. However, it lacks a lot of features that other converters can provide.
Should you download it?
Yes. If you want to convert files to PDF and vice versa, this app is perfect. However, if you want more features, then no, do not download it.
- PDFCreator is free to use
- Can easily convert printable documents
- The first open-source converter that does the job
- Unless you use the Professional version, you will have to deal with a lot of ads
- Sometimes files take a long time to convert
- It does not support multiple platforms