App for customizing virtual meetings
Adobe Connect for Windows allows you to customize your virtual room when you host online meetings. Going beyond simple video calls, Connect lets you emulate real-world meetings, conferences, or training sessions. It even has the functionality to save the layouts as templates for future events.
Is Adobe Connect free?
The 30-day trial is free and 3 plans:
- Free – 1 meeting host and a maximum of 3 meeting participants
- Meetings – Up to 4 hosts and 25 participants
- Webinars & Learning – Up to 4 hosts and a total of 1,500 participants
Do I need to install Adobe Connect?
How do I access Adobe Connect?
When you are invited to a live meeting, you will receive an email with the meeting link. To join the meeting, follow these steps:
- Paste the meeting link into the Connect app
- Enter your Adobe Connect credentials
- Click ‘Enter Room’
Does Adobe Connect work with Chrome?
Yes, it works with all chromium-based browsers, including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox. You will also need Adobe Flash Player installed and activated.
What is Adobe Connect webinar?
It’s part of the Webinars & Learning plan. It allows you to create the whole stage and content for a virtual presentation. As well as presenting, it has various tools that allow you to interact with and receive feedback from your audience.
In our view, Adobe Connect is the most complete program for creating an immersive virtual meeting environment. You can create truly dynamic and customized virtual events, and create breakout rooms. Also, you can bring the output from those breakout sessions back into the main event.
Should you download it?
Yes. If you need more than just video calls with file-sharing, you should definitely download Adobe Connect and subscribe to the plan that meets your needs. If you’re looking for a simpler video call and file-sharing app, then Microsoft Teams and Zoom are both excellent options for you
- Ability to completely customize presentation stage and backstage areas
- Available for use in any chromium browser
- Flexible meeting structure, including on the fly rearrangement from behind the scenes
- Option for host to control guest access to meetings
- Guests don’t need an Adobe Connect account if the host makes the event public
- Some users may find the controls a little complicated
- Huge leaps in participant limits between plans. You could find yourself paying a lot more for participant capacity than you’re likely to use