Free 2nd cell phone number
2ndLine is a free, full-featured app that gives you a second number on your cell phone with free calls and SMSs in the US or Canada. Unlike similar apps such as Numero eSIM or Hushed, 2ndLine doesn’t push you into buying a subscription and is completely free to use.
Why use a second number?
As more companies acquire your real phone number, the less secure your data becomes. Unless you manage your privacy options carefully with each firm, you can find yourself being bombarded with marketing SMSs and unsolicited marketing calls.
What is the use of the 2ndLine app?
For personal use, you can add it when subscribing to online accounts such as shopping or social media to give you greater privacy control over your real number.
In business, you can use it as a dedicated customer line, allowing you to keep professional and personal communications separate.
Is it safe to use the 2ndLine app?
Can I keep my 2ndLine number?
Yes. You can–and there are two ways to do so:
- Make at least one SMS call per day to keep your number active. Numbers are only recycled when they have been inactive for a longer than the normal period in relation to your usage patterns. You always get a warning before your number is going to be recycled to give you the opportunity to retain it.
- Purchase a Premium package–monthly and yearly rates are offered. For as long as you have a subscription, you can keep your number, and the app remains ad-free.
The developer’s rapid responsiveness to customers instills further confidence in this excellent, free second number service that is free to use. Features such as voicemail and multimedia messaging are integrated seamlessly into your normal smartphone or tablet use, so there’s virtually no learning curve involved.
Should you download it?
Definitely yes. Whether you want to use it for the second number or just to access great international calling rates.
- Integrates well with your phone’s voicemail and messaging apps
- Monthly subscription available for ad-free premium package
- Clean, simple-to-use interface
- Great international tariffs
- Only available in the US and Canada
- Without a subscription, ads can be annoying