Free microphone app for your PC
WO Mic is a free microphone app that runs on your phone and PC. The app converts your phone into a microphone for your PC. It’s a wireless app that uses Wi-Fi to use remote voice control, recording, talking, and more. Alternative apps include Air Microphone and Microphone by Wonder Grace.
Downloading and installing for Windows
Follow these steps to download and install the app.
- Download three components for your Android phone and a Windows PC:
- WO Mic app - this runs on your phone. It’s the part that captures your voice so you can transmit it to your PC.
- WO Mic client - runs on your PC and connects to the app to receive your voice data and sends it to your virtual mic device.
- WO Mic device - this also runs on your PC and receives the client program’s voice data. This program sends audio files to your apps, like Sound Cloud.
Once you install the drivers, the system will automatically create your WO Mic device. However, you still need to follow these steps:
- Click on your pop-up menu and go to your device manager.
- Then, go to your sound, video, and game controller.
- The drivers for the mic device should be listed.
- You can choose how to transport to communicate between your devices. You can select Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, or Wi-Fi Direct.
- Launch the WO Mic app from your phone and go to your settings to set your transport preference.
- Connect to the client.
- Once you’re connected, you can do a streaming test, and if the test is successful, you can start using the microphone.
Never download any of the drivers from untrusted sites, as they can have viruses, malware, or spyware.
WO Mic features
The app has many other features, like a real microphone. You can use the app with any program that requires audio, and it’s easy to configure and use. It’s entirely wireless and it’s free to use. It supports multiple connection methods and supports various audio formats and auto reconnects in case your PC reboots.
WO Mic is the perfect app for home recordings and is cheaper than buying expensive recording equipment. However, you can also try Audacity.
Should you download it?
Yes. Whether you’re an up-and-coming artist or just doing it for fun, this app is for you. It’s free and easy to use.
- Free to use and easy to install
- Recording quality is good
- Can use WO Mic on various platforms
- Quality is not as good as a dedicated microphone