Windows Camerafor Windows
Take pictures for free with the Windows Camera app
Take instant pictures
The Windows camera application allows you to take quick snapshots with minimal effort. The app works with most webcams and supports high-resolution pictures. Windows camera offers plug-and-play support for several external peripherals, which means that you do not need to install additional drivers to use peripherals.
Time your pictures automatically
The Windows camera app comes with a self-timer that makes it possible to take pictures that includes everyone in the shot. The self-timer function is available on the desktop app and the mobile version.
With the Windows camera application, you can weave multiple videos together to form one video. You can stop and start your video recording as many times as you want, and the application will automatically create a single file when you are ready. This is especially helpful when you need to create something like a video introduction for an interview.
Should you download it?
The Windows camera application can be used to scan documents and text from other sources such as whiteboards. The app automatically converts the text from the picture and increases the clarity of the text for easier reading, making it very handy for a multitude of users.
- Lightweight application that doesn't hog resources.
- Fast video and photo capture rates.
- Can be used on PCs and mobile phones or tablets.
- Can be used to scan text.
- Not compatible with Android / iOS operating systems.
- Slightly confusing control layout / user interface.
- Lacks advanced functionality like filters etc.
- Lacks the ability to share images directly from the app.