Free gaming software to boost your skills
Razer Synapse 3 gaming software by Razer lets you customize and configure your Razer products. On the surface, it sounds simple, but it comes with a host of features like multiple profiles, cloud storage, Razer Hypershift to quickly unlock secondary functions, a wide range of macro capabilities, control of your Chrome RGB, and even voice commands to use with Alexa smart speakers.
This is the third iteration of Razer Synapse and the most advanced, giving you more features than ever. But unless you own at least one Razer product like a keyboard, mouse, or headset, there’s no reason to download the program. There aren’t any alternative programs that offer the same all-in-one functionality specifically for Razer products.
Getting started with Razer Synapse 3
To download Razer Synapse 3, click the download button on this page, then double click on the .exe file to start the installation process. The very first thing you need to do is decide which modules to install, along with the primary Razer Synapse program.
The optional modules include:
- Alexa: Use Amazon’s voice service on supported devices, including Razer Chroma. Manage profiles, switch between lighting effects and more.
- Chroma connect: This module lets you control and set up the lighting effects of your Razer RGB devices.
- Chroma studio: With the studio module, you can create and edit your own Chroma effects and use them with your Razer Chroma-enabled devices.
- Chroma visualizer: Lets you sync all your Chroma-enabled devices and smart lights with media like music and games for an immersive experience.
- Hue: Sync your Chroma-enabled devices if you have a Hue Bridge.
- Macro: Perform a complex set of commands with the push of a button. Record your cursor movements, keystrokes, button presses and assign them to a key or button on one of your devices.
- Nanoleaf: Configure and sync your Nanoleaf light panels with Razer Synapse 3
Once you have completed the installation process, you can start using the program. To unlock full functionality, you will need to create an account and sign in. However, there is an option to sign in as a guest if you want to reconfigure your device quickly.
Clean and easy to use interface
Razer Synapse 3 has a simple and user-friendly interface with a dark-themed color scheme. The top menu bar gives you quick access to your different modules. Simply click on the wanted module to open it up in the main window. It’s not the best-looking interface in the world, but it is simple to navigate, and you’ll rarely need to click more than two or three times to find what you’re looking for.
You can save all of your changes and device customizations to your profile and even upload them to the cloud. This is handy if you share your computer with multiple people who like to tinker with the device settings or use your device on multiple computers. All you need to do is export your profile in order to import it elsewhere.
This means all of your individual DPI settings (dots per inch), Chroma customizations, macros, and more are readily available.
Razer Synapse 3 is available in multiple languages, including:
- Portuguese (BR)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
What devices does Razer Synapse 3 support?
While Razer Synapse 3 does support a wide range of Razer devices, it doesn’t support legacy devices. This may be due to a compatibility issue or something else.
Some of the supported keyboards, mice, and headsets:
- Razer BlackWidow
- Razer Cynosa Chroma
- Razer Huntsman
- Razer Ornata Chroma
- Razer Tartarus V2
- Razer Atheris
- Razer Abyssus
- Razer Basilisks
- Razer DeathAdder
- Razer Firefly
- Razer Goliathus
- Razer Jugan
- Razer Lancehead
- Razer Mamba
- Razer Naga
- Razer Viper
- Razer BlackShark
- Razer Kraken
- Razer Nari
Razer Synapse 3 is a useful piece of software for Razer devices. The modules have beneficial functionality, and with the macro settings, you can perform complicated sets of actions at the push of a button.
Should you download it?
If you own at least one Razer device, like a mouse or keyboard, then yes, consider downloading Razer Synapse 3 for its robust list of features. Even more so if you have multiple Chrome devices, as you can sync them all together and customize the lighting.
- Clear and easy to use interface
- Save your settings to a profile
- Easy to export and import settings
- Create macros
- Only compatible with Razer devices
- It doesn’t work with many legacy devices