Windows soccer simulation game
FIFA 18 is the 25th release of the famous soccer sim by Electronic Arts. It employs the Frostbite 3 engine, introducing enhancements to old features and new mechanics to render a hyper-realistic gameplay experience across numerous single-player and multiplayer modes.
EA’s well-known series is all about offering a sports simulation that lets gamers live out their wildest soccer fantasies across platforms, including Windows PCs. Unlike Football Manager 2021, these games put you in the driver’s seat to play out each match to the best of your ability.
FIFA 18 doesn’t introduce a lot of story-specific novelty. But it still incorporates several graphics and performance modifications that make it stand shoulder-to-shoulder with even more recent titles such as eFootball PES.
It boasts over 30 leagues, including the World Cup and English Premier League, and over 650 teams from all across the globe. Combined with real-life commentary, it builds the atmosphere of a live broadcast event.
The story modes and even minor events emphasize the world’s major leagues in their absolute grandeur. EA’s massive focus on visual and sound design truly makes every match come to life on your PC screen.
The game also seeks to capture star players’ authenticity, displaying their celebrations and signature moves in cutscenes. The stadium atmosphere feels intoxicating.
Something for everyone
FIFA 18 stays dynamic throughout with its diverse selection of game modes:
- Ultimate Team: Build your dream squad.
- Career Mode: Start from the bottom and become a Pro.
- Pro Clubs: Play against others online with your Pro player.
- Kick-Off: Engage in quick online friendly matches.
- The Journey: Continue Hunter’s story from FIFA 17.
- Tournaments: Take part in the top leagues in single-player.
- Skill Games: Develop maneuver proficiency before hitting the stadium.
- Online friendlies: Compete against friends, non-ranked style.
- Co-op sessions: Join 2v2 online ranked games.
There’s an option for every player and mood, from full-blown storylines to short, skill-honing practices.
EA made FIFA 18 mechanics and graphics better than ever. Everything looks and runs fantastic, showcasing all the potential of this franchise.
Should you download it?
Yes, especially if you haven’t played FIFA 17. This title is downright impressive, letting you live through iconic, true-to-life moments.
- A wide array of teams
- Includes quintessential players
- Smooth control system
- Multiple game modes
- Authentic representations
- Resembles FIFA 17