Free cloud content management app
Box is a free cloud content management and storage app used on many devices, including Apple’s iOS. Box is created by Box Inc. solely to store and manage data, documents, photos, videos, etc.
Cloud computing and content management
With recent technological advances, you don’t have to store data and files on external drives and USB sticks when your phone or laptop storage runs out.
- Better workflow and team collaboration: Providing teams access to a shared repository, allowing them to share, update, and retrieve documents. This shared repository reduces the number of emails sent, duplicate records and improves communication between team members.
- Improving digital work simplicity: Box is simplifying digital work by providing creative business designers with the tools they need. Thus, increasing productivity and team performance and mitigating organizational risks.
- Mission-critical business applications: Over the years, Box has released new SDKs, packaged integration hubs, and platform elements to integrate with ServiceNow, Google G-Suite, Oracle, and Outlook. It is allowing customers to develop mission-critical apps.
- High-grade security: Box continually improves its cloud content management compliance and security capabilities with a hosting service that uses Geofences for content storage in predefined geographical areas. Box introduced new legal holds like e-discovery and two-factor authentication for its external collaborators.
Cloud storage on your phone
You can collaborate with teams and updates data, files, and documents on the go. The app is easy to use and understand. Some people have complained that the app is a tad bit slower than other Cloud apps like Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud.
iPhone and iPad (iOS) features
When you get a Box account for your iOS device, you get the following features;
- 10GB free cloud storage.
- You can upload videos and photos.
- View over 100 file types, Word, Excel, PDF, and more.
- Access files and folders while your device is offline.
- View and Create High-quality PowerPoint presentations.
- High-quality encryption and security.
- Complete word searches while viewing a document.
- Leave feedback for others by adding comments to a document.
- Take work-related notes in real-time by using Box Notes.
- Upload large files with just a link; there is no need to add attachments.
- The app integrates with other partners, allowing you to edit, e-sign, and more.
The overall performance of the app is excellent and will benefit you.
Should you download it?
Yes. If you need extra storage on your device or just want to backup your data.
- Easily access your files and folders
- Upload files and folders to one place
- You can upgrade to get more cloud storage
- Many customization options
- You need data or wifi to upload files and use certain features
- You have to pay for an upgrade