Free anti-malware browser extension
Most web browsers, like Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Edge, have built-in anti-malware features that are limited in capabilities to handle all malicious content. While the same can be said for Mozilla’s browser, the Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Firefox adds more tools to ensure that no hidden attacks fallthrough, and at no cost.
What is Malwarebytes?
Malwarebytes is an anti-malware program that blocks malicious content and various types of adverts. It receives regular updates to combat the latest in viruses and hacking attempts, such as the recent tech-support scams. The program also stops false crypto-miners from hijacking your accounts and stealing your information.
Does Firefox block malware?
Firefox has numerous tools to protect against viruses, malware, and phishing. While these defend against several attacks, they are limited in nature and struggle against videos and adverts with deep hacking algorithms. For this reason, many internet users prefer installing an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes.
Does Malwarebytes work with Firefox?
The developer of Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Firefox created this app as a browser guard to improve its performance. It also adds several other features that the browser lacks, with an additional list of common attack sites.
Here are some of the features you’ll receive from the Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Firefox:
- Blocks ads: prevents unwanted video and image pop-ups and banners
- Faster loading: increases browser speed and page loading
- Stops advanced hacking: specifically from tech-support scams
- Tracking prevention: stops spyware from tracking your activity
- Malware defense: protects against malware and phishing
- Privacy protection: keeps your stored data secure so that no one can steal it
While Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Firefox is limited to one browser, it ensures that your computer and data remain safe. It links to your Malwarebytes account, which may limit the features available if you only have the free, basic package. Of course, you can enjoy plenty of other features, making it appealing to Firefox users.
Should you download it?
Yes, if you have a Malwarebytes account and use Firefox on a daily basis. The basic account will still provide extensive protection, but the premium version is the ideal solution against modern internet attacks.
- Links to Malwarebytes account
- Shields against malware and phishing
- Covers the latest threats
- Ensure fast page loading
- Limited to Firefox
- Free account has basic protection