Free video meeting application
Google Meet is a free meeting application whereby you can create or join video call sessions for collaboration. Top features include screen sharing, secure virtual rooms, broadcasted events, saved recording files, and more. It’s also cross-platform, letting you join browser conferences on your mobile device.
Is Google meet available on iOS?
Google Meet is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices running iOS 12.0 or higher. As your system software updates, the app will receive the latest tools and fixes to meet the new revisions. You may need to maintain the latest version of your device’s operating system and Google Meet if you want it to function correctly without lagging.
Is Hangouts Meet the same as Google Meet?
Google Hangouts Meet is the predecessor to Google Meet. If you’re a Google member with Workspace, the video meeting application is part of the package. The organization introduced some new features with the latest software program, such as conferences with up to 250 participants, real-time captions, and support for up to 100,000 live-stream viewers.
How do I install Google meet?
If you’re ready to download and install Google Meet on your iOS device, here are the steps you should follow to get you started:
- Select the download link and let the application save to your device;
- Find the saved file and install;
- Allow permissions from your device;
- Once installed, you can open Google Meet.
How do I schedule a Google Meet?
You might want to schedule a Google Meet with your team members or colleagues. Here’s a quick overview of how to do so on your iOS device:
- Find the Google Calendar app on your tablet or smartphone;
- Select the multicolored “+” button, located at the bottom of the mobile screen;
- Choose “Event”;
- Find “Add conferencing” and tap on it;
- Select “Google Meet”;
- Choose a time, select the members, and add reminders;
- Tap the “Save” button at the top.
Schedule video meetings effortlessly
If you’re a fan of the brand and subscribe to its many products, you may enjoy Google Meet more than Skype, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams. You can host massive conferences while sharing your screen or files with participants. There’s also a speech-to-text option for enhanced functionality.
- Host large meetings
- Share your screen or media
- Set meeting parameters
- Save recordings for later review
- Data connection may hamper performance