Free HP app to keep you productive
HP Smart for iOS connects to Hewlett Packard printers and allows you to use your HP printer from your mobile device.
Just by connecting your iOS device to your networked HP printer, you will have a great range of tools at your fingertips.
What is HP Smart on iPhone?
HP Smart enables you to initiate printing and scanning jobs from your iOS device.
If you have access to the file you want to print—either from your device or from a cloud storage service—you don’t need to be near a computer.
How do I install the HP Smart app on iPhone?
It’s easy and quick, here’s how:
- Connect your mobile device to the wireless network, with Bluetooth enabled
- Go to the App Store and download the app
- To make the most of the HP Smart services, set up a free HP account or log in to an existing one
- If you see your printer on your device’s screen, press on it. If it’s not there, press on ‘Set up a new printer,’ and follow the on-screen instructions
How do I use the HP Smart app on iPhone?
You can print or scan using the app, so here’s a summary of what to do in each case:
- Tap on ‘Print Photos’ or ‘Print Documents’
- Navigate to the file that you want to print
- Tap the printer icon
Scanning from your printer
- Place the document onto the scanner glass or ASF
- Tap the settings icon to configure options like input source, color, and resolution
- Tap the ‘Printer Scan’ button on the app
- If you have more than one page to scan, tap on the ‘Add Pages’ button on the app and repeat the preceding steps
How do I connect my iPhone to my HP smart printer?
It’s simple if you follow these steps:
- Ensure that your phone is connected to the same wireless network as the printer and that you have Bluetooth on
- Tap ‘Set up a new printer’ and wait for your printer to appear on the screen
- Once the app has located your printer and is showing on the screen, follow the steps to complete setting it up
If your printer is compatible with the Print Anywhere function, you can send a print to your printer from anywhere with an internet connection.
Apple has a built-in technology called AirPrint, which lets you print to compatible printers without installing additional apps or drivers.
Should you download it?
Yes. It’s an extremely useful app, especially for getting a quick print of something without needing access to a computer.
- Clean user interface
- Easy, step-by-step printer setup
- Free app
- Only works with HP printers