Free Google keyboard for mobile
Gboard is a free typing application that adds the Google keyboard to your smartphone device. It works in the same way as the Grammarly keyboard, but while having different functions. You can search for new emojis and stickers, customized themes, or practice typing with different fonts and languages.
What is Gboard?
Gboard is a fun and interactive keyboard provided by Google to enhance your typing experience. It has the Google search console built-in so that you don’t have to open your browser to hunt for items. It also has access to numerous languages.
Can you use Gboard on iPhone?
The typing application was designed for mobile devices, with specific tools that relate to iPhones. Here are some of its features you can expect for your iOS device:
- Search for new content - use the keyboard browser to hunt for new GIFs, emojis, stickers, and more
- Glide typing - slide your finger over the keys for faster typing
- Browser - Search for anything on the web, such as local stores, videos, images, news, and more
- Privacy - anything you type will be kept private and not share with third parties, while it does send some information to Google
How do I make Gboard my default on iPhone?
Your iPhone won’t set Gboard as the default keyboard until you do so manually. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Head to your Settings app
- Select ‘General’
- Open the Keyboards menu
- On the menu, choose ‘Keyboards’
- Select ‘Edit’ in the upper right corner
- Choose ‘Gboard’ on the list
- Drag Google's keyboard towards the top
- Select ‘Done’
Gboard provides a new take on mobile keyboards, incorporating its browser technology to search for new content. You can install new stickers and emojis that you find, while it lets you switch to various languages. The top feature of this app is Glide Typing where you can slide your fingers over the keys for faster input.
Should you download it?
Yes, if you’re looking for an intuitive keyboard with browsing features. It’s also helpful if you’re struggling to locate a keyboard in your specific language since it has so many available.
- Glide typing for faster input
- Contains a built-in browser
- Holds numerous languages
- Search for new emojis and stickers
- Shares information with parent company, Google