Password management for Android
Bitwarden is a password manager. It’s a safe and easy way to store your login data while keeping it synced between devices.
With Bitwarden, you can create a random password, store it, and access it from any device. Bitwarden uses an encrypted vault to store data. Only you will have access to your data. It uses AES-256 bit encryption, PBKDF2 SHA-256, and salted hashing to keep your data safe.
Download and get started
Visit Bitwarden vault. There’s a step-by-step guide found on the company website that can help you get started. While the installation is straightforward, you’ll need to read further to see how to access and use advanced features.
There are three plans to choose: Basic Free, Premium, and Family Organization.
Here is a list of their features:
- Basic (free) account
- Unlimited vault times
- Sync passwords across devices
- Secure password generator
- Self-host option
- Cloud hosting
- Two-step login
- Maximum 1 user
- Premium comes with basic features and:
- Bitwarden authenticator
- 1GB encrypted file storage
- Two-step login with, YubiKey, U2F, and Duo
- Vault health reports
- Emergency access
- Maximum 1 user
- Family Organization comes with all the premium features and:
- Unlimited collections and shared items
- Priority customer support
- 1GB encrypted file storage and 1GB for organization
- Maximum 6 users
Bitwarden vs. 1Password vs. LastPass
Bitwarden’s biggest competitors are 1Password and LastPass. There are more password management companies, but let's focus on these three. Both of these alternatives have some exceptional features, some of which you can only access through payment systems. However, there’s better security when it comes to Bitwarden, making it the preferred choice.
Looking at the statistics, you might think that 1Password outperforms Bitwarden and LastPass. However, cost-wise, Bitwarden is the best option, and even though it doesn’t have a free trial, it does have a ‘free plan’ to choose from. That, and it has more features and security than its rivals.
Should you download it?
Yes. If you’re looking for an android password manager that fits your needs, then Bitwarden is a superior budget option.
- Easy password sharing between devices
- Compatible with all devices
- Two-Factor authentication
- Very affordable plan
- Password generator takes time to load